Sunday, November 25, 2007

my first sock


I've been away from knitting for sometime and recently picked up the sticks again . I started back knitting an ambitious Hanne Falkenburg ballerina kit. I also started two other sweaters that still need to be blocked and assembled. I dislike the sewing and finishing part of the process so these items will remain UFO's for awhile.

I decided to try a project that could be finished in weeks instead of months preferably with no seams. Socks seemed the prefect choice. I opted for the traditional dpns to start with. I chose Floral lace anklets from LaceStyle as my first sock project.

Knitting this pattern was not as easy at first as I thought it would be. Some swearing was involved along the way and some tinking of a few rows. At one point my husband's comment was "those socks are really kicking your ass aren't they? " Was it worth it? Yes ! What a feeling of accomplishment and no sewing. I am hooked.